How can we help you?

It almost certainly is. The majority of all terraced, or end of terrace, properties are.

To be one hundred percent certain you can telephone our office to arrange for us to visit your property. Whilst there we will discuss your needs and advise you on the feasibility of your project.

Once plans are agreed we arrange a start date and sign the contract, the design face of the project starts.

Yes, we can advise you here too. You will need:

  • A formal agreement with your neighbours
  • Thames water agreement

We can do the rest for you!

If we have to work on a boundary wall you are required to comply with the Party Wall Act 1996. The Act gives you rights to and duties over the works. This means formally telling the owners of the adjoining properties as to the works proposed. This ensures that there are no objections.

Notices to the Adjoining Owners must be served, acknowledged and in place one month before commencement of the works. Sometimes this can be straightforward. Sometimes it’s difficult. Therefore two months is the usual minimum period of notice. However, this can run in parallel with the wait for planning consent.

Sorry. Due to a professional conflict of interest we cannot act on your behalf. However, we can recommend a Chartered Building Surveyor who is familiar with this type of work and who could act for both you and your neighbour.

The Party Wall Surveyor’s fees are not included in our quotation. They are paid direct to the Surveyor.

As there is structural work involved, e.g. the removal of a wall, it’s necessary to employ a structural engineer who will produce accurate calculations to satisfy the needs of the Building Regulations. The Structural Engineer we use will have a thorough knowledge of what is required for your extension.

Yes, the Structural Engineers’ fees are included in the quote. Also, they will be covered by their own professional indemnity insurance cover.

The works will need both Planning Permission and Building Regulations consent.

Planning consent approval usually takes about two months from submission of the application although, on occasions the project can be allowed through
Permitted Development.

Building control at the local authority must also notified. Regular visits by the building inspector during the course of the works will take place to ensure adherence to the regulations. There is a charge for this which cannot be avoided! On satisfactory completion of the works, a certificate will be issued.

Yes, if we are instructed we can arrange both Planning Permission and Building Regulations Consent. The charge for the application is included within our quotation to you as is the fee for visits from the Building Inspector.

A side extension to a typical mid terrace house in South West London would cost in the region of £60,000 to £80,000 inclusive of VAT for all design and building work.

Architectural and Structural design:

  • Measured survey
  • Production of planning drawings
  • Planning application fee
  • Production of construction drawings
  • Production of structural engineering drawings
  • Local authority building control fee