TrustMark is a quality mark which operates a framework under which 30 plus scheme operators work in the RMI (repair, maintenance and improvement) sector, including trade associations, local government trading standards teams, and independent scheme operators. These schemes are approved to carry the TrustMark logo and recruit reputable and trustworthy tradesmen. This enables the TrustMark scheme operators to promote improved RMI sector standards, and tackle related issues such as better enforcement. All of these scheme operators are audited annually by TrustMark, to ensure processes, standards and complaint procedures are being maintained.
What makes selecting TrustMark tradesmen so worthwhile?
- A firm’s technical skills have been independently checked through regular on-site inspections, as well as checks on their trading record and financial status
- Firms have signed up to a code of practise that includes insurance, good health and safety practises and customer care
- The approved scheme operator has checked and will continue to monitor the firm’s quality of work, trading practises and customer satisfaction
- Firms are able to offer an Insurance Backed Warranty
- Deposit Protection Insurance is available for consumers in the event a firm should cease trading
- Firms will be able to tell you about any building regulations you must comply with and may also be able to provide appropriate certificates
- If you have a problem or disagreement with the firm, there will be a clear and user-friendly complaints procedure to help resolve the issue
- The scheme is fully supported by Government, the building industry and consumer protection groups.
All of these checks will give you – Peace of Mind
The London Kitchen Extensions Company Limited has attained The TrustMark Quality Standard.
WHICH? Trusted Trader
Which? Trusted Traders is an endorsement scheme which recognises reputable traders who successfully pass Rigorous assessment process.
- A credit check
- Check of customer references
- A visit from a Which? Trusted Traders Assessor
- Examine business procedures
- The trades person must sign up to the Which? Trusted Traders Code of Conduct and our Terms and Conditions.
The London Kitchen Extensions Company Limited is a Which? Trusted Trader.
FMB- Federation of Master Builders
The Federation of Master Builders (FMB) is the UK’s largest trade association in the building industry, with national offices in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Cymru, supported by additional regional offices.
Established in 1941 to protect the interests of small and medium-sized building firms, the FMB is independent and non-profit-making, lobbying continuously for members’ interests at both national and local levels.
The FMB is a source of knowledge, professional advice and support for building firms right across the UK. The FMB also offers practical advice and support to the general public on choosing and working with the right builder.
FMB Members criteria-
- A minimum of three years trading history and have provided three years accounts
- Signed a TrustMark license
- Had an inspection on a job in progress on joining and on a completed development every three years thereafter
- Passed credit checks, public record and director checks
- Verified that they have no undischarged bankruptcies or relevant and outstanding County Court Judgements
- A minimum of twelve months trading history
- Provided a professional references
- Employer and public liability insurance check
- VAT registration inspected
- Confirmed their business address/details
- Agreed to abide by the FMB (and Build Assure if applicable) Disputes Resolution and Complaints Procedures
- Signed up to the FMB Code of Practice
- Committed to offer all customers the option of a building work guarantee from BuildAssure
The London Kitchen Extensions Company Limited is a FMB member.